The next gen is hungry for guidance, and there is significant anecdotal and factual data behind the hypothesis. If you are still sitting on the fence, here are top five reasons why one needs a mentor, especially post the pandemic when confusion and uncertainty is paramount:
- Mentors provide information and knowledge: As Benjamin Franklin said, "Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." Mentors have the experiences you can learn from to prevent making the same mistakes beginners make. When you are starting out in your careers, with a mentor there from the start, you can tap into a wealth of knowledge to fast forward and shorten that learning curve
- Mentors can see where to improve when we often cannot: Mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults and be your true critic. The only way one grows is when someone and well-wisher can be brutally honest with you and tell you exactly how it is rather than downplay any weaknesses they see in you.
- Mentors offer encouragement and help us keep going: A mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself. They are there no matter what and offer moral support sprinkled heavily with motivation to bring out your best. By setting various goals for you as they disciplinarians, mentors create necessary boundaries that you cannot set for ourselves. They help keeping a watch from a distance to see how you accomplish those and help you develop as an individual.
- Mentors can be connectors: Mentors play a dual role of teacher and connector; a mentor can share the access he enjoys within his industry network and are willing to help you get closer to your target audience. In the professional and business world, it can be hard to know who to trust, what to share, and who to confide in. Mentors are your sounding boards.
- Mentorship has something in it for both: Mentorship comes in for the long haul, there is something there for both in this relationship. Mentors find ways to stimulate your personal and professional growth, pose questions for you to think about and ask me to come back with answers later. For the part of Mentors, who says learning never stops, they enjoy a unique opportunity to help boost a young person’s life by sharing hard-won knowledge gleaned over decades of professional experience.
Imagine a world where every person had access to that life-changing connection, a mentor who one could lean on, learn from, and rely upon. Seasoned, established professionals who have rich experiences and are willing to guide the younger generation to avoid making mistakes early on in our careers, fast track our growth.
CompliMentors was conceived and designed to make this world a reality, to help individuals and businesses to thrive by curating meaningful mentoring relationships. We are a purpose-driven platform that aims to empower people to help them realize their full potential and achieve greater success.
A mentor is someone who listens to you, understands you, and comes up with various perspectives to tackle and overcome your challenges. You can ask just about anything in your career whether you’re stuck in choosing a specialization or wondering about a change of job, facing managerial issues in your job, or change of career altogether. A CompliMentor can help you discuss possibilities.
Feeling awkward when speaking with someone for the first time is normal. A CompliMentor is here to bring the best out of you. Start slow with mentors who appeal to you. You can start with just a phone call to set the ball rolling.
Some tips on how to get the most for your time on CompliMentors
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Give contextual information to help visualize the picture of your current situation.
- Don’t hold back to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be keen. Stories are great.
- Don’t feel pressurized; just relax. There’s no right or wrong way to do this.
- Be friendly and authentic
Our executive will assess your profile and your concerns and can help you choose the most suitable mentor.
We offer three types of mentoring opportunities. They are:
- Launch Pad - It is a career mentoring program, aimed at making youth and career seekers meet their personal and career goals with sheer confidence. This is knowledge that you won’t read in any textbooks, we call it the “MBA of Life Skills”.
- Executive Ladder - It is an executive mentoring program for aspiring professionals, who seek help in reaching their highest potential to position for impactful roles, to further hone their leadership and development skills
- Business Accelerator - Big or small business or entrepreneurs, business mentoring is curated for businesses to develop a growth mindset, boost business confidence and help create a digital brand.
Don’t let this stress you. We maintain complete confidentiality.
It will be a video or audio call as per your requirements. If the mentor and mentee are in the same city, we can facilitate a personal meeting.
Mentorship is a very personalized relationship. Hence, we don’t do demo sessions.
Mentoring is not a one-time interaction, rather it is for a long haul. With the best of Mentors from a variety of domains, we assure you it is much more personalized. The aptitude tests and conversations help identify the gaps, so both can together work towards agreed goals. Mentorship is a personalized dialogue not a monologue.
As Steven Spielberg said, “the delicate balance of mentoring someone in not creating them in your own image but giving them the opportunity to create themselves.”
No. Every mentor follows a set of strong operating procedures to follow the mentoring methodology, but mentoring skills are customized based on domain expertise and your need.